- Adding a discount to a purchase order
- Adding a credit memo or refund to a bill
- How to add a discount
There are two possible options to add a credit/discount to an item within Procurify. You can add a Discount to a Purchase order, and you can add a Credit to a Bill.
First Option: Adding a discount within a Purchase Order
- Head into the Procurement tab & select Purchase Orders
- Select the Purchase Order you would like to add a discount to*
- Scroll down till you see & select this option
- Once in the Purchase Order Revision mode look for the Discount field as shown below
- Enter in the discount by either % or by dollar value (click the drop-down to the right)
- Save your changes
Second Option: Adding a credit within a Bill
- Head into the Accounts Payable tab & select Bills
- Create New Bill ( If you have created a bill for the item already, you can "Fix" the bill to revise it & skip to step 4 )
- Add the intended item to the Bill
- Once the item has been added, select the option again
- Select the option
- Fill in the details regarding the credit/discount
- In the Unit Cost field enter the credit amount with the minus sign in front of the value
- Click the to add it to your unbilled items
You should now see the discount reflecting in TOTAL COST.
- If the Purchase Order is Closed, it must be Re-opened in order to Revise & add a discount.