- Explain Department Tags
- Are Departments also Department Tags
- Assign departments to catalog items
- Add department tags in Product Catalog
- edit department tag
- edit item access by user
- edit item access by department
- Department tags for catalog items
Department tags are part of the Catalog Permissions function, which limits the items displayed to requesters in the catalog by department. Adding a Department Tag to an item provides a user in the department list with access to the item in the catalog.
Below are the steps on assigning department tags on an item individually in the catalog. Department tags can also be assigned by bulk via a .csv import.
Assigning Department Tags using the Catalog
To assign or edit Department Tags manually to an existing catalog item, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Procure → Product Catalog using the left navigation menu.
- Click the item to be updated. Hint: Use the search field at the top of the screen
- Click the 3-dot options button to the right of the item cost and select Edit Item.
- Click the button under Department Tags
- Select the Departments you'd like to assign to the item or check the box Select all
- Click Apply Departments
To ensure users have access to the items, make sure to users are added to department lists by following the steps in How to set up Catalog Permissions