- Are Departments also Department Tags, Assign departments to catalog items
- Add department tags in Product Catalog, edit department tag
- edit item access by user, edit item access by department
- Department tags for catalog items
In this article, we refer to “Location” and “Department”. Your domain may have different labels due to custom organizational categories. Learn more here.
Assigning Department tags is a component of restricting catalog items by department. For more information, see Catalog Permissions function.
You must be a purchaser or have permission to access the Product Catalog to complete the following steps.
Below are the steps for individually assigning department tags on a catalog item. Department tags can also be assigned by bulk via a .csv import.
Assigning Department Tags using the Catalog
To assign or edit Department Tags manually to an existing catalog item, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to Procure → Product Catalog using the left navigation menu.
- Click the item to be updated. Hint: Use the search field at the top of the screen
- Click the 3-dot options button to the right of the item cost and select Edit Item.
- Click the button under Department Tags
- Select the Departments you'd like to assign to the item or check the box Select all
- Click Apply Departments
To ensure users have access to the items, make sure users are added to department lists by following the steps in How to set up Catalog Permissions