- Double approvals
- Why am I having to approve the same order twice?
- Wrong approver
- Orders going to the wrong approver
- Incorrect approval routing displayed
- Endless approval loops
The approver is in multiple groups because an approval routings department (condition) has been set to ANY.
What does this mean?
-When a department (condition) in an approval routing is set to ANY, it means that any orders made regardless of the department selected on the order match the approval routing conditions and will loop/trigger in that routing.
When each routing has a specific department attached to it, it is filtering the orders made with the matching conditions.
- Location Green & Department Green are selected for a new order.
- Approval Routing Green is set to Department Green
- Approval Routing Blue is set to Department ANY
Even though Location & Department Green is selected on the order, Approval Routing Blue matches the same conditions as Green because it doesn't have a specified department, its department (trigger) is any, meaning any/all orders will go through Approval routing Blue as well as Green.
- Find the Approvers name who is double approving
- Head into Settings and select Manage Approval Routing
- Locate the Approver by selecting
- Select the Approves name from the drop-down
- Click each routing to see if the department condition is ANY
- On the Routing that has the department set to ANY, click the button
- Select the intended department from the drop-down
- Please Note: The orders already submitted for approval that is not going to the correct approvers will need to be either rejected by the approvers, or approval delegation from those approvers to the intended ones will need to be set up. If the orders are rejected by the approvers, the requesters will be able to duplicate their request and select the intended approver for their order.
- FAQ Approval Routing
- Understanding and Setting up Approval Routing Groups
- Approval Routing Overview