- Not seeing the new department in drop-down options for Order Requests
- Not seeing the new department in drop-down options for Expense Requests
- Cannot see a newly made department in drop-down options
- Newly-made Department isn't showing up in drop-down options
- Procurify Web
- To check out other possible solutions feel free to look within the Procurify Community. If you are still running into the same issue after completing the steps below, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support Team.
There are 4 potential causes for a Department not to be visible in the Drop-Down options.
Option 1. Approval Routing
The Approval Routing Has not yet been set up, this is essential for visibility on orders and company spending. To set this up please view the link-Understanding and Setting Up Approval Routing Groups
Option 2. Account Code
It's possible that an Account Code hasn't yet been linked to the Department. To set this one up, please view the link-How to Assign an Account Code to a Department
Option 3. Budgets
Lastly, there may not have been a budget allocated to the Department. This is what keeps track of your company spending & orders made. To set this up please view the link-Set Up & Edit - Budgets
If your Budgets have been set up already, You might not see the Department due to the Budget being expired. If your Budget has expired please follow this link to get it updated- How to Update an Expired Budget on an Account Code
Option 4. Location Requesting Permission
If your Permissions do not give you access to request within the Location that the new Department was created within, you will be unable to see the new Location or Department within the dropdown options.
These permissions can be adjusted by following the steps within Assigning User Locations. If you do not have access to make these changes then you will need to reach out to your account administrator to have your Permissions adjusted.