- enabled by team-integrations
- troubleshooting business central
Important: Our direct integration only supports the cloud version of Business Central.
What is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Integration
Our Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Integration allows you to
- sync approved bills, including bill attachments and in-line tax information to Business Central.
- sync paid bill payments to your Business Central account.
- sync account codes and vendors from Business Central to Procurify.
What are the benefits?
- Easily sync bill and payment information to your MS Dynamics 365 Business Central Account.
- Eliminate sync errors by ensuring MS Dynamics BC is the source of truth for vendor and account code information.
Business Central integration with Bill Sync
Business Central integration with Bill Payment Sync
- Navigate to Settings → Integrations.
- Click Set Up under Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Follow the set-up wizard to complete the setup for the integration.
- Begin the setup wizard by clicking Accept. This page may take a while to load.
- Select the company name to connect to Procurify.
Steps to set up Vendor List and Account Code sync:
- Navigate to Settings → Integrations.
- Click View below Business Central.
- On the Vendor and Account Code tabs, toggle Start Scheduled Sync to ON
- All new vendors will be created/synced as Preferred Vendors. To change the preferred status for vendors, see How to set a vendor as preferred or non-preferred.
- All account codes created/synced via this method require manual linking to departments. For how to link account codes to departments, see:
You will be redirected back to Procurify when the connection is successful.
With the Master Data sync, vendors and account codes are synced hourly. For more information on Master Data Sync, see What is Master Data Sync?
Below is a diagram that shows how Procurify fields are mapped to Microsoft Business Central.
Custom Field mapping is feasible within our integration, you will need to select your field in Procurify and type in the Business Central field ID to be an identical match to what is displayed in Business Central.
- Business Central Fields contain a Code and a Name. The format needed in Procurify is CODE-NAME (with no spaces between dashes); this means a formula must be used for the fields to match and sync successfully.
- We suggesting using a concatenate formula, e.g. =CONCATENATE(A1,"-",B1)
Troubleshooting Sync Errors
Error Message: Account Code with Procurify ID: Multiple objects found.
Resolution: Ensure Account Code values are an exact match between Business Central and Procurify.
Error Message: Account Code with Procurify ID 1100: Multiple objects found. Please ensure the entity is uniquely identified.
If there is more than one account code in Business Central that is 'active' status, it will cause this error message. Only one account code with the same number can exist.
Resolution: Ensure there are no duplicate Account Codes with an 'active' status.
Resolution: the "Item" on the Bill must be less than or equal to 100 characters. You can fix the bill and edit the line item under stage 4 to reduce the character limit of the Item name. For this error, ensure the account code has its Posting Rules set up in MS Dynamics.
Error Message: Failed to push to Bill as [BillLineItem] does not contain a matched posting set up in the account. Please configure General Posting Setup to include this account's General Bus and Prod posting value combination.
Resolution: In Business Central, ensure you have configured the posting groups for all account codes to be used on bills to be synced.
Error Message: Bill with Procurify ID #: Purchase Invoice # must be approved and released before you can perform this action. Push failed for bill: see validation for more information.
Resolution: Ensure that Business Central does not have an approval routing set up.
- When viewing synced records (Account Codes and Vendors) under the Settings - Integration page, it is not possible to search, filter, or export results from this page.