What is it?
When enabled, Auto Purchase Orders (PO) allows your organization to use Procurify without manually creating POs. Organizations don't have to deal with the hassle of creating POs if they don't include them in their workflow or if the Requester is also the Receiver. Auto POs do not automatically send an email to the Vendor.
How does it work?
Once enabled, a PO will automatically generate for each unique Vendor listed on the order request once the order request is fully approved. The final approver will receive a notification informing them that the PO will be automatically created.
- POs are automatically generated using the next PO number in the sequence or you can set up custom POs
- Order requests with multiple vendors will have one PO created for each vendor.
- For order items with Vendors classified as OTHER, meaning that they are not currently in the system, a new Vendor will be created using the Vendor name provided.
- Automatically created POs will remain open and ready to be received for one-time items.
- For recurring items, the PO will be automatically received.
- When a PO is created, the shipping method, shipping terms and payment method are inherited from the Vendor details. If these fields are not populated, the fields are left blank when the P.O is generated.
What are the downsides of Auto PO?
- It is not possible to consolidate Purchase Orders that belong to different requesters with Auto PO.
- It is not possible to edit or make changes to Purchase Order before they are created.
- It is not possible to add new items to the product catalog while creating a Purchase Order.
- Auto PO feature will not create Purchase Orders with more than 100 items.
- The auto receive button will no longer be available in Procurify.
- Purchasers will NOT be notified of any POs that are auto-generated.
- Auto PO does not automatically send an email to the Vendor. Your purchaser will still need to email the PO to your vendor.
How can I enable Auto PO?
If you would like to use this feature, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or select Contact us at the top-right of the webpage.
- How to display Custom Fields on Automatic Purchase Orders.
- Learn how to set up Custom POs for Automatical Purchase Orders.
- NetSuite is compatible with Automatic Purchase Order