- Create a new Account Code
- Add more Account Codes
- Creating account codes and assigning departments
Due to customization, Location and Department may have unique labelling. In this article, we are using the default labels Location and Department. Learn more here.
- Select Settings → Manage Chart of Accounts under the Finance section
- Select Create account code
- Type Account Code and Account Name fields
- Select the appropriate Expense Type from the drop-down and fill out the remaining fields
- Select Save Account Code
Success! You've created an Account Code.
- The user needs permissions for Manage Chart of Accounts under Finance to complete the steps listed.
- How to Import Account Codes
- For customers using our NetSuite or Quickbooks Desktop integration, your account codes will be managed (created and edited) within your ERP.