- Create a new Account Code
- Add more Account Codes
- Creating account codes and assigning departments
Due to customization, Location and Department may have unique labelling. In this article, we are using the default labels Location and Department. Learn more here.
You must be a Superuser or have custom permissions for Manage Chart of Accounts to complete the steps listed.
- Select Settings → Manage Chart of Accounts under the Finance section
- Select Create account code
- Fill in the Account Code and Account Name fields
- Select the appropriate Expense Type from the drop-down and fill out the remaining fields
- Select Save Account Code
Success! You've created an Account Code.
- How to Import Account Codes
- If you sync account codes from an accounting software or ERP (e.g. NetSuite, QuickBooks Desktop), ensure to add your account codes to your accounting/ERP software and not directly to Procurify.