- Create a new Account Code
- Add more Account Codes
- Creating account codes and assigning departments
Due to customization, Location and Department may have unique labelling. In this article, we are using the default labels Location and Department. Learn more here.
- Select SETTINGS → Manage Chart of Accounts under the Finance section
- Select CREATE ACCOUNT CODE
- Type Account Code and Account Name fields
- Select the appropriate Expense Type from the drop-down
- Select the appropriate Department from the drop-down. Ensure this field is selected or the Account Code will not be available for the necessary Department(s).
- Select SAVE ACCOUNT CODE
Success! You've created an Account Code.
- The user needs permissions for Manage Chart of Accounts under Finance to complete the steps listed.
- How to Import Account Codes
- For customers using our NetSuite or Quickbooks Desktop integration, your account codes will be managed (created and edited) within your ERP.