- Remove users that are no longer connected with the company from the active list
- Deactivate users
- Disable a user's login
Note: Users with approval permissions must have no pending requests to be deactivated. These pending approvals must be delegated to another approver and approved before the user can be deactivated.
How to deactivate a single user:
Select Settings from the left-hand navigation bar
Select Manage Users
Search or filter to find the user that needs to be deactivated
Select the button on the right-hand side of the user
Choose Deactivate User. This will move the user to the Inactive tab, which can be accessed from the same page.
How to deactivate users in bulk:
1. Navigate to Settings → Manage Users and click on Export CSV.
2. From your exported CSV, copy and paste the users you wish to deactivate to the Import CSV template.
3. When deactivating, you will need to input their first and last name along with their email address. Add DEACTIVE (must be in capital letters) to the Action on Duplicate column.
4. When complete, return to Settings → Manage Users and select Import CSV. Select Browse & Upload CSV. If completed properly, you will see a success screen, and your users will be deactivated.
- If there were any errors, make the required changes before re-uploading the CSV.
- When a User is "Inactive" the Roles & Permissions tab disappears. Due to this, you cannot use the Import User Role/Permission/Edit until the User is made ACTIVE again.
- Superusers and users with Manage User permissions can perform the following steps
- Users can't be completely deleted from the system. For more information, please read the article How Can I Delete Inactive Users from the Application?