- add info here as needed, e.g. notion, google doc, slack thread links
SEO: add keywords
What is ChemDirect
ChemDirect is a B2B marketplace for buyers and suppliers who want the best chemical industry experience. For buyers, They are a single-source solution that puts you in total control with immediate access to shop for the best pricing from verified chemical suppliers. For suppliers, they're a digital sales and marketing solution that puts you in total control of increasing your sales and building your digital brand presence.
What are the benefits?
- Eliminate manual data entry with automatic data transfer between Procurify and supplier’s catalog
- Streamline procurement process with a centralized place to search, browse, compare and buy goods
- Better user experience with purchasing that mimics consumer e-commerce experience (digital storefront)
- Contact your account manager at ChemDirect to set up a client account and curate a catalog. Please expect up to 30 days to set up the online catalog with ChemDirect.
Once you've set up your ChemDirect account, contact your ChemDirect account manager and request these details:
- From/Sender ID/UserID (NetworkID)
- From ID Domain
- Shared Secret/Password
- Test and Production Order posting URL
- Important: Do not use the cXML PunchOut URL
- With those credentials, in Procurify, go to the Settings module from the left side menu. Click PunchOut Suppliers.
- Click Set Up under ChemDirect.
Ensure to create a unique group name, group names cannot be duplicated.
Fill in the fields, adding in the credentials received from ChemDirect.
Important: Do not use the cXML PunchOut URL in the Purchase Order Request URL field.
- Selecting a credit card will process order items through Procurify’s Credit Card Reconciliation tool.
- Selecting other payment method will process order items through Procurify’s Accounts Payable Bill Creation module.
- Choose which requesters will have access to the PunchOut using the ‘Group access’ option.
Choose a payment method.
- Note: by using the PunchOut connection, you will no longer have access to direct payment options through the ChemDirect platform. Please consult with your ChemDirect representative on payment options.
Using ChemDirect PunchOut: Requesting items
Note - only one PunchOut Supplier can be added to a Request For Order at a time.
Using the Request for Order form, a requester will select the Supplier Portal button.
- With the ChemDirect PunchOut set up and appropriate access is given to the requester, the ChemDirect PunchOut option will appear under the PunchOut Suppliers table.
- Select a shipping address.
- Click the Proceed button in the ChemDirect row.
Add items to the ChemDirect online cart as normal. When finished, navigate to the cart and click the Submit for approval button.
- Order item details will be automatically brought back to Procurify.
- Choose an account code for each order item, or apply in bulk.
- Submit the request for approval.