- The following article outlines how to enable PO email automation in your Procurify account.
What is PO email automation?
You can now have your purchase orders automatically emailed to your vendors when the purchase order is created. This reduces the need to manually email vendors, removing data entry errors when typing email addresses and eliminating the chance of forgetting to send a purchase order. Manage which vendors should have purchase orders automatically emailed during vendor management to customize your organization’s purchase order workflows. PO email automation will be available in all Procurify accounts on January 31st.
1. In your Procurify account, click the Procure tab on the left-hand sidebar and select Vendors.
2. Locate and select the Vendor you wish to enable this feature for.
3. Select the menu button located at the top right of the Vendor window and select Edit Vendor. Enter the email of the Vendor in the Email Recipients field and select Submit. It is possible to add multiple emails to each Vendor.
4. Each Vendor will have a PO Vendor Automation toggle. Locate and select the toggle to Yes, so it appears green.
- PO email automation has now been enabled for the domain. For accounts with automatic email enabled, the purchase order will automatically be sent to the vendor's emails listed in vendor settings immediately after the purchase order is created.
- For accounts with automatic purchase orders, any time a request has been approved, a PO will automatically be created an email will be sent to the Vendor with the PO.
- If you open the PO created and sent, you will see information at the top right-hand corner of the PO regarding the Latest email sent to the vendor. If you select the See more link, you can see the entire email log.
- It is possible to add multiple emails to each Vendor.
- Any revisions made to the purchase order will need to be sent to the Vendor manually after the update has been made.
- It's impossible to bulk manage which vendors should be on PO email automation.
- Learn more about automatic purchase orders.