A Purchase Order is a very important document because it clarifies the order details such as the cost, quantity, shipping terms, etc. PO's are used by the Finance or Accounting Department to do the 3-way match (Comparing and Compiling the PO with the Invoice, and the Packing Slips).
- Before creating a purchase order, an order needs to be requested and approved. Click here on how to request an order or click here on how to approve an order.
- If all the items in Purchase Order belong to the same RFO, then the Requesters name will default in the Ship-To address. Otherwise, the Purchaser's name will be the default.
1. Click on the PROCURE Tab → PROCUREMENT
2. Select the checkbox beside each item you wish to add to a Purchase Order
3. Click Add to List
*Alternatively you can reject the items by clicking the red "Reject Items" button
4. Click Create Purchase Order
Quick Tip: By clicking into the 3 dots, you can edit the line item such as quantity, SKU, and price in the purchasing list
On the next page, there is a template of what your Purchase Order will look like when sent to your vendor
5. At the bottom of the Purchase Order, you can add comments, PO notes, select a disclaimer and taxes/discounts
6. You can either select Create Purchase Order now or Create and Email PO directly to your vendor.