A Purchase Order is a very important document because it clarifies the order details such as the cost, quantity, shipping terms, etc. PO's are used by the Finance or Accounting Department to do the 3-way match (Comparing and Compiling the PO with the Invoice, and the Packing Slips).
- Before creating a purchase order, an order needs to be requested and approved. Click here on how to request an order or click here on how to approve an order.
- If all the items in Purchase Order belong to the same order request, then the Requesters name will default in the Ship-To address. Otherwise, the Purchaser's name will be the default.
1. Click Procure → Procurement
2. Select the checkbox beside each item you wish to add to a Purchase Order
3. Click Add to List to add the item to the Purchasing list. When the first item is added, the Vendor on the item will automatically be selected for the "Purchasing from" field. You may adjust this field as necessary.
Quick Tip: Clicking the 3-dot option button next to an item allows you to edit the quantity, SKU, and price in the purchasing list
4. Click Create Purchase Order. This will take you to the Create Purchase Order screen.
5. At the bottom of the Purchase Order, you can add comments, PO notes, select a disclaimer, and taxes/discounts.
6. You can either select Create Purchase Order to create the PO internally first, or Create and Email PO directly to your vendor.
- Attachments cannot be added at the Purchase Order stage.