- The following article explains the new Procurify invoice inbox feature.
The AP Automation features an invoice inbox, unique email address that receives invoice emails into Procurify. The attached invoices are automatically converted into Bills which the Accounts Payable (AP) team can later review and pay. Contact your Procurify representative if you would like this feature enabled in your account.
How does it work?
Users accessing the Manage Bills page can easily copy a system-generated email address to receive invoice emails. This email is unique to their domain, non-guessable, and read-only. The Inbox email address can be copied from the Manage Bills page (See the image below). Access the Manage Bills page by completing the following steps:
- On the left-hand navigation bar, select the Accounts Payable tab.
- Select Manage Bills
- Click on the icon beside the Inbox email.
AP teams can use the Inbox feature in one of such ways:
- Vendors can send invoice emails to a shared AP team email address, and the AP team forwards each email to the Inbox email address.
- AP team instructs each vendor to send invoice emails directly to the Inbox email address.
We recommend option 1 to reduce changes to existing processes and make it easy to communicate with vendors. Once an email is in the invoice Inbox, any email attachments will also populate in Procurify. For each file, Procurify applies Optical Character Recognition Technology and creates a Draft Bill with the file attached, with the “Created By” specified as “Procurify Inbox.”
Each invoice will be parsed to extract the following invoice header information:
- Invoice Number
- PO Number
- Vendor Name
- Due Date
- Invoice Date
Accepted File Types:
- Only PDF, JP(E)G, PNG files
- Limit of 25MB per file
- Limit of 10 attachments per email
- Only email attachments will be accepted, not in-line images
Frequently Asked Questions
If I enable an auto-forwarding rule to my existing AP email address/inbox and have it auto-forward to my PF invoice inbox, will that work or will it break any of our automation?
Yes, it will work.
If an invoice is forwarded to my PF invoice inbox and does not find an associated Purchase Order in PF, will our OCR technology create a draft bill?
Yes, it will create a draft bill even if there is no Purchase Order in Procurify.
- What happens if an email bounces back from the invoice Inbox?
- Contact your Procurify representative if you would like this feature enabled in your account.
- It is not possible for a customer to customize their invoice inbox email address.