- You have attempted to sync a bill and received an error notification
- You have attempted to correct a bill and it still will not sync
- You have attempted to integrate with Quickbooks Online but your business name has not appeared during setup
The most common cause of all sync issues is that the information entered on both platforms (Procurify and Quickbooks Online) does not match, is missing or the item is in the wrong area of Quickbooks Online.
- When you receive a Sync Fail notification: Click the red error message on the Bills page via Settings > Integrations > Quickbooks Online > Go to Bills Page
- From here the error message will pop up leading you to the root cause. In this case for Bill #56 there is a Vendor mismatch, which likely means the naming on both platforms (Procurify & Quickbooks Online) does not match exactly
Below are the most common errors:
- Vendor with Procurify ID: Object not found in the list
- This usually means a vendor is not present on Quickbooks Online or the name does not match Procurify.
- Account Code with Procurify ID: Object not found in list
- This usually means an account code is not present on Quickbooks Online, the name does not match with Procurify, or "account numbers" is switched off on Quickbooks Online advanced settings.
- Tracking Category Not Found
- This is related to the custom field mapping options selected during the integration setup (below). Please verify if the Procurify field is mapping to the correct area of Quickbooks Online.
- Location/Department with Procurify ID: Object not found in list
- This usually means a Location or Department is not present in Quickbooks Online or the name does not match exactly with Procurify.
- Authentication Error
- When attempting to integrate with Quickbooks Online, this task must be completed by an admin of this platform. If another user attempts this, the business profile will not appear to complete the connection.
- Vendor Currency
- Please ensure the Vendor attached to the Procurify bill matches currencies with its partner on Quickbooks Online. Please note: on Quickbooks you can only select a currency for a vendor once. This means if you submit a PO for a Vendor in CAD, but it is listed as USD on Quickbooks, it will not sync.
- BadRequest - Business Validation Error: Enter a transaction amount that is 0 or greater.
- Credits or bills with negative values will not sync between Procurify and Quickbooks Online. You will need to manually add this credit on QuickBooks Online.
Once you have sourced the item error(s), please ensure both platforms match exactly word for word (including character spacing). Please also verify that the mapping (Procurify > Quickbooks Online) matches.
If you still have issues syncing a bill or need some help correcting these areas, please contact: Support@procurify.com
- It may take up to 1 hour for custom mapping changes to be visible on a sync; please do not "re-sync" bills after edits in this area until this time has passed.
- Ensure to re-sync to Quickbooks Online via the Procurify tab "Sync to Quickbooks Online" once errors have been fixed.
- Deleting vendors on Quickbooks Online will break cached mapping. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if this happens.
- If you have recently (re-)connected to Quickbooks Online, navigate to Settings > Integrations > Quickbooks Online > Go to Bills Page and confirm the "Sync to Quickbooks Online" button appears on the top right of this screen
- For more information on the Quickbooks integration see here: Quickbooks Online Integration Overview