- Make an Approval Group for the new Department
- Unable to select Department in Request
In this article, we refer to “Location” and “Department”. Your domain may have different labels due to custom organizational categories. Learn more here.
- Navigate to Settings → Manage Approval Routing
- Click the + Create New Group in the top right of the window.
- Enter a Group name and select Next
- Select Request type. (Default is Any)
- Select Department. Use the drop-down, or type in the location/department and select. To add multiple Department(s), click the +Add Condition and repeat as needed.
- Click Create Group.
- You'll be prompted to add an approver. Select the appropriate level and approver, and enter a threshold if relevant. For more, see Understanding Approval Routing Groups.
- Click Add Approver.
You've created a new Approval Group!
Important: When setting conditions to ANY, all orders matching the conditions will trigger the Approval Group. This may create an endless approval loop, if you have multiple groups that have overlapping conditions. We recommend setting the Department condition to a specific department(s) rather than using the ANY option. For more information on this, please refer to the following article: Having to approve the same orders twice or more.