- procurement access
- SEO: Can I control and select which approved Order Items Purchasers are allowed to procure? Can a buyer only buy items for select locations/departments?
- restrict purchasers, designate purchasers
This article refers to “Location” and “Department”. Your domain may have different labels due to custom organizational categories.
Yes! You can configure your Purchasers to purchase items for specific Locations/Departments.
Via user role permissions, Purchasers' can be restricted to purchase items for orders submitted from specific Locations.
If you would further restrict purchasing to departments, please reach out to a Procurify Representative to enable Purchase by Department on your domain.
When enabled, you will see an additional Departments button when managing Purchasers' permissions.
Important: When Purchase by Department is enabled on your domain, all purchasers' permissions will be reset to 0 departments, losing access to procurement items until permissions are re-configured. Ensure to follow the steps below to configure purchasing permissions for all purchasers. We suggest communicating this process with your Purchasers before making changes.
Updating User's Purchasing Access by Department
Navigate to Settings → Manage Users.
Select the applicable User
Click the Roles & Permissions tab.
Ensure the user has the Procure permission.
Click the Locations button next to the Procure permission to select the appropriate Locations. Then click Assign Selected Locations.
- Click the Departments button to assign departments for which the Purchaser should procure items. Then click the Assign Selected Departments button. At least 1 department must be applied
- if you do not see the Departments button for Procure, please contact a Procurify Representative to enable Purchase by Department on your domain.
- Can I limit a Purchaser's access to Purchase Orders for certain locations/departments?
- Can I limit a Receiver to only be able to receive orders for their location/department?