The Superuser role is a role designed for administrators in Procurify. Typically, this role is assigned to team members involved in setting up the Procurify domain and maintaining it.
Standard responsibilities of a Superuser:
- Adding and removing new users
- Set up budgets for the new fiscal year
- Adding and removing locations or departments
- Changing the company approval routing structure
What Superusers cannot do in Procurify:
- Approve an order on someone else's behalf
- Modify data for Purchase Orders (POs) or Requests that are locked (closed or final approved)
- Gain visibility into someone's spend information (unless granted Approver View Access)
- Currently, Superusers are the only users that can create new locations in Manage Locations.
- The Superuser role is not modifiable- meaning if you add new locations, the Superuser role will not have the new locations added to their request/procure permissions. To work around this, you must convert the user into a custom role first and add back the Superuser role.
If you do not need to create new locations, but would like to have control over other parts of the systems such as:
- Visibility into Procurement activity
- Settings page where you can modify budgets, financial settings, user settings, etc
- Change other roles and permissions.
- And many more
It is recommended that you convert to a custom role instead of a Superuser role. A custom role would give you more flexibility, and also allow you to make changes to it in case more locations were added in the future. To do this, go to SETTINGS → Manage User, select the user, and add a custom role where you assign all permissions. After, you can add all locations to all relevant permissions to gain maximum visibility.