- Is there a mass import for Account Codes?
- Can I upload various Account Codes all at once?
- Apply Account Codes to specific Locations and Department
We recommend only uploading a max of 200 lines of data at a time. If you have more than 200 lines of data, we suggest uploading your data in batches.
In this article, we refer to “Location” and “Department”. Your domain may have different labels due to custom organizational categories. Learn more here.
Important: If you sync account codes from an accounting software or ERP (e.g. NetSuite, QuickBooks Desktop), ensure to add your account code to your accounting/ERP software and not directly to Procurify.
You must be a Superuser or have custom permission to Import Data Settings.
1. Select Settings → Import Data → select Import CSV next to Account Codes → and select Download Template.
2. Review the table below for a definition of each column and an example. Fill out the required columns and save the file to your computer.
- Procurify only supports 2 tiered account codes. If you have more than two tiers, consolidate the structure into a two-tiered system.
- If you have multi-tier account codes, you MUST create an entry for the parent account code first.
- It is recommended to limit Account Codes to 40 characters. You are able to have more than 40 characters, but due to the size of the field, the excess will be cut off.
- The Location and Department will assign each Account Code to a Location/Department. If you wish to apply to all locations and/or all departments, you can use the keyword **ALL** (with the asterisk) to mass apply.
- If you want to apply the same account code to multiple Locations and Departments, please indicate this on separate lines on the template. For example (2 separate lines, same account code)
- 5000 Location A, Department Sales
- 5000 Location B, Department Marketing
3. Within Procurify, select Settings→ Import Data
4. Select Import CSV for Chart of Accounts
5. Select Browse & Upload CSV
6. Locate the file on your computer
7. Finally, select Import.
If there were any errors, make the required changes before re-uploading the CSV. You have successfully finished the import!
- Why isn't my CSV formatting saving?
- It is not possible to bulk update or delete Account Codes within the Domain. If you need assistance with this task, please contact your Procurify representative.
- For detailed instructions for adding sub-Account Codes via the import, review How to Create Sub-Account Codes.
- Import error: Invalid Account Code
- To link an account code to all Departments in a location, enter Location name in Column G, and use the keyword **ALL** in Column H.
To link the same Department in all Locations, use the keyword **ALL** in Column G, and enter the Department name in Column H.