The following article pertains to Legacy Budgets. See this article for how to identify which version of budgets your domain is currently using. If you wish to upgrade from Legacy Budgets to our new Budgets, please reach out to a Procurify representative.
Due to customization, your interface text may differ. In this article, we are using the default labels Location and Department. Learn more here.
What's the difference between a Budget and a Planned or Scheduled Budget?
Budgets are current whereas Planned Budgets are future Budgets that you upload into Procurify via an import CSV file. Additionally, there are Scheduled Budgets. A Scheduled Budget is set to start at a specified future date.
If you would like to upload a new Budget into Procurify that will commence immediately after Import, review How to Import Budgets. If you would like to Schedule a Budget that is set to start at a specified future date, review Planned or Scheduled Budgets.
1. Download the template, available at the bottom of the following article, titled Planned Budget Import.csv
2. In Procurify, select Settings → Export Data. Next to Budgets select Prepare CSV and Export CSV
3. Copy the information from the exported file and paste it within the Planned Budgets template. Note that you will not need to use all the columns data, only take the data you need to fill in on the importing template. Review the table below for a definition of each column and an example. Fill out the required columns and save the file to your computer. Ensure you input the Start and End date you wish to have for the budgeting period.
4. Select Settings → Import Data → Import CSV next to Planned Budgets
5. Upload the file from your computer and select Import (Repeat steps for each future budget you plan on importing)
If there were any errors, make the required changes before re-uploading the CSV. You have successfully finished the import!
- Why isn't my CSV formatting saving?
- The terms Planned and Scheduled Budgets are used interchangeably.
- Upon upload, this import will overwrite any existing planned budget with a matching account code/location/department.
- Planned Budgets do not have an Action on Duplicate column
- Make sure the start date does not overlap with your existing budget.
- You can use the **ALL** (include asterisks) function on this template to apply the changes to all locations, departments, and account codes. (See table for further details)
- There is no limit as to how many Future Planned Budgets you can import.
- For a detailed overview of updating Planned or Scheduled Budgets using Imports, click here.
- Learn more about Planned or Scheduled Budgets
- How to Import Budgets