- Applying multiple Account Codes to an item before it is billed allows your Departments to share in the cost of an item so that the entire dollar amount isn't taken from a single Budget.
- Due to customization, your interface text may differ. In this article, we are using the default labels Location and Department. Learn more here.
- Changes made to account codes at the Accounts Payable stage will affect Budgets in your accounting system when exporting from Procurify, but will not affect your Budgets within Procurify.
Adding Account Codes
- Navigate to ACCOUNTS PAYABLE → UNBILLED ORDER ITEMS. Find the item you wish to edit and click on Edit from the options box.
- Under Allocate to Account Code(s), you'll see how the item's dollar amount is distributed across the Account Codes. By default, there will only be one account code. To add more, click on Add Account Code(s).
- In the window that pops up, search for the account codes you'd like to assign to the unbilled item. Use keywords based on Locations, Departments, and Account Codes to help narrow down the results. Make your selections and click Save.
- After the account codes are saved, allocate the cost by dollar amount, or percentage. Use the Split Equally button to allocate the same cost to every line.