- Importing Approval Groups into Procurify
- Download the template, available at the bottom of the following article, titled Approval Group Import.csv
Review the list below for a definition of each column and an example. Fill out the required columns and save the file to your computer.
- Column A: Group Name- A unique name for the Approval Routing (Required Field)
- Column B: Type - Requests that the group will be approving for: Order, Expense, or Travel (Required Field). Type keyword **ALL** (include asterisks) to have the condition apply to all request types
- Column C: Location - The Location names that this group will be approving for (Required Field). Review Locations by accessing SETTINGS → Manage Location. (Use **ALL** if it applies to all Locations)
- Column D: Department- Department name that this group will be approving for (Required field). Review departments by accessing SETTINGS → Manage Locations. (Use **ALL** if it applies to all Departments)
- Column E: Sequence - The group's priority if the Request was submitted with the same type, Location, Department that trigger amongst multiple groups
- Column F: Action of Duplicate
- Option 1: Use keyword IGNORE if you would like to ignore at in the row.
- Option 2: Use keyword Delete to deactivate the group (as long as there are no pending approval for users within the group).
- Option 3: Use keyword Update to clear any current group condition settings in the system and update with what is on this template.
- Once done, select SETTINGS→ Import Data
- Select IMPORT CSV FILE beside Approval Routing
- Select Browse & Upload CSV
- Select Import
If there were any errors, make the required changes before re-uploading the CSV. You have successfully finished the import!
- The group name can only appear once per template. The group name must be unique.
- If the import finds a matching existing group, the group conditions will clear and replace it with what is in this template.
- Every location, department, must be exactly same as the information entered in the system to be able to map successfully.
- After these groups are imported, do not forget to use the approval routing import to assign users to the groups