- Importing Approval Groups into Procurify
The following article outlines how to import Approval Groups. Due to customization, your interface text may differ. In this article, we are using the default labels Location and Department. Learn more here.
- Download the template, available at the bottom of the following article, titled Approval Group Import.csv
Review the list below for a definition of each column and an example. Fill out the required columns and save the file to your computer.
- Column A: Group Name- A unique name for the Approval Routing (Required Field)
- Column B: Type - Requests that the group will be approving for: Order, Expense, or Travel (Required Field). Type keyword **ALL** (include asterisks) to have the condition apply to all request types
- Column C: Location - The Location names that this group will be approving for (Required Field). Review Locations by accessing SETTINGS → Manage Location. (Use **ALL** if it applies to all Locations)
- Column D: Department- Department name that this group will be approving for (Required field). Review departments by accessing SETTINGS → Manage Locations. (Use **ALL** if it applies to all Departments)
- Column E: Sequence - The group's priority if the Request was submitted with the same type, Location, Department that trigger amongst multiple groups
- Column F: Action of Duplicate
- Option 1: Use keyword IGNORE if you would like to ignore at in the row.
- Option 2: Use keyword Delete to deactivate the group (as long as there are no pending approval for users within the group).
- Option 3: Use keyword Update to clear any current group condition settings in the system and update with what is on this template.
- Once done, select SETTINGS→ Import Data
- Select IMPORT CSV FILE beside Approval Routing
- Select Browse & Upload CSV
- Select Import
If there were any errors, make the required changes before re-uploading the CSV. You have successfully finished the import!
- The group name can only appear once per template. The group name must be unique.
- If the import finds a matching existing group, the group conditions will clear and replace it with what is in this template.
- Every location, department, must be exactly the same as the information entered in the system to be able to map successfully.
- After these groups are imported, do not forget to use the approval routing import to assign users to the groups