- How do I create a Bill in Procurify
- Creating a Bill in Procurify
- Creating an Invoice
- How to make invoice
The following article includes a video and step-by-step instructions outlining how to create a Bill in Procurify.
1. Go to Accounts Payable → Create bills. Alternatively, you can also click on the + New Request on the top navigation bar and click Bill.
2. Upload the invoice by clicking Upload and selecting the file from your computer. You can also drag and drop the file directly into the upload area.
3. Choose the Vendor from the drop-down field then select the Purchase Order (PO) drop-down field. It is possible to add multiple POs to a single Bill, as long as the POs belong to the same Vendor. Select the drop-down field again to add a second or third PO. The invoice date and due date should automatically populate when you select the PO.
4. Fill out the Bill details such as invoice number, notes, and Vendor payment method (If you know the payment method). The invoice number is a required field. At any time during the Bill creation process, you can click Save Draft to save the Bill, or click Cancel to return to the Manage Bills page.
5. Ensure everything is accurate. Make edits and add a tax to the BILL ITEMS if necessary by selecting the Select tax drop-down field and [...] button.
6. Feel free to add any new items, or add other unbilled items using the + Add Order Item or the + New Item button.
7. To remove items from the Bill, select the [...] button to the right-hand side of the item you wish to remove and select Remove item. This will remove the item from the Bill itself and not the P.O.
8. If you have approval routing set up, select your next approver as well.
9. If you have applicable Cost Bill Custom Fields, select the Add Cost drop-down field at the bottom of the Bill.
10. When ready select Submit.
You've created a Bill in Procurify!
- How to create Bill Custom Fields.
- The invoice attachment viewer only supports PDFs and images. Other file formats can be uploaded but not viewed.
- Budget visibility is not available for bills and payments, learn more.
- Bills may have an auto-approved setup, and some may require approval upon submission.
- Any Bill entered manually without an associated Procurify Purchase Order can be backdated and, therefore, hit the corresponding budget.