- Restrict the amount that an item can be changed in value by a purchaser.
- Limit the cost difference that can be adjusted by a purchaser.
- Set how much a purchaser can edit when creating a purchase order.
Select the Settings tab from the left-hand navigation bar.
Select Manage Users under the Set up & Manage.
Locate the user within the list and select them.
Select the Edit Information button on the right-hand side.
Ensure that Limit Purchase Price Edit Variance is toggled On from the right-hand side.
Select the drop-down to determine whether the variance will be logged as a currency value or a percentage value.
Enter the variance limit.
Select the blue Save Changes button.
- Manage User access within the Settings is required to follow the steps listed.
- Purchasing permission must be given to a user before you will be able to see the Limit Purchase Price Edit Variance option from their user page.
- For more information on what this feature is used for, see What is a Purchase Price Variance Limit?