- add info here as needed, e.g.
- notion, google doc, slack thread links
- major updates with dates
SEO: add keywords and phrases to enhance searchability
What is Thermo Scientific
Thermo Scientific (aka. Life Technologies)
Thermo Scientific instruments, equipment, software, services, and consumables empower scientists to solve complex analytical challenges in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academic, government, environmental, and industrial research, as well as the clinical laboratory. Products address a range of needs from sample, material characterization, and chemical analysis to clinical diagnoses and biological-based therapeutics manufacturing.
What are the benefits?
Browse items from Thermo Fisher Scientific
Shop through the Thermo Fisher Scientific portal, and your cart syncs to Procurify, where the items you select will be ready for request order. No more copying and pasting links into your request.
Instant purchase after approval
Once the request is approved, items are purchased straight away through Thermo Fisher Scientific. Requesters no longer need to wait for the Purchasers to place the order.
Automatic P.O. creation
Along with instant purchasing, automatic Purchase Order creation occurs once the Purchase Order is approved. This removes the manual process while increasing accuracy.
Setting up an account with Thermo Fisher Scientific PunchOut:
This PunchOut vendor requires ShipTO IDs. Please click here to learn How to retrieve Shipping Address Identifiers(ShipTO IDs)
- Send an email request to your Thermo Fisher Scientific account Sales Rep or Account Executive to set up the PunchOut.
Thermo Fisher Scientific will open an Internal Project for tracking and will provide the following PunchOut credentials:
- From/Credential Domain/ ID
- To/Credential Domain/ ID
- Shared Secret/Password
- Test and Production Purchase Orders URL
- Important: Do not use the cXML PunchOut URL
Integrating Thermo Fisher Scientific with Procurify:
- In Procurify, select Settings on the left-hand navigation bar and PunchOut Suppliers. Only users with Admin access can select Settings and PunchOut Suppliers.
- Select the SET UP or VIEW button under Thermo Fisher Scientific PunchOut.
- Select +Add New Group.
- Enter the Punchout Groups name (which will be displayed when the requester selects Supplier Portal. The recommendation is to name the Group by Location or the customized category labeling within Procurify).
Ensure to create a unique group name, group names cannot be duplicated.
- Select the appropriate PunchOut domain from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the following fields using the information using the credentials provided by Thermo Fisher Scientific. Important: Do not use the cXML PunchOut URL in the Purchase Order Request URL field.
- If you wish to invite all users to use the PunchOut, click on Edit under Group Access, you can Select All, or to add an individual user, type in the user's name in the search field and click the checkbox beside the user's name to add them) Select Save.
- Choose the Bill to address and the payment method used for the Punchout orders.
- If you do not see a Payment Method option, one will need to be created; see How to Add Bank and Credit Card Accounts to create a new payment method within your Procurify Domain.
- Select Complete integration.
Using Thermo Scientific PunchOut: Requesting items
Note - only one PunchOut Supplier can be added to a Request For Order at a time.
Using the Request for Order form, a requester will select the Supplier Portal button.
- With the Thermo ScientificPunchOut set up and appropriate access is given to the requester, the Thermo Scientific PunchOut option will appear under the PunchOut Suppliers table.
- Select a shipping address.
- Click the Proceed button in the Thermo Scientific row.
Add items to the Thermo Scientific online cart as normal. When finished, navigate to the cart and click the Submit for approval button.
- Order item details will be automatically brought back to Procurify.
- Choose an account code for each order item, or apply in bulk.
- Submit the request for approval.
- Learn more about Fisher Scientific