- The following article outlines how to use import budget categories into Procurify.
- Budget Requester Visibility
SEO: spend category, spend categories, budget category
The following article pertains to our new Budgets. See this article for how to identify which version of budgets your domain is currently using.
In this article, we refer to “Location” and “Department”. Your domain may have different labels due to custom organizational categories. Learn more here.
- Navigate to Settings → Manage Budget Categories
- Click Tools
- Click Import budget categories → Download Template
- Fill in the Template with the Budget Categories to be added save the file. Review the table below for a definition of each column.
- Click Upload and select the file.
- Click Import
If there were any errors, ensure to make the required changes to fix errors before importing the CSV.
Template Reference Table
*For each row used to create a Budget Category, either Location or Account Code must have a value. Both cannot be empty.
- When adding multiple Locations, use subsequent rows. In those rows, any additional values other than the location and department will be ignored. E.g. account code, budget, start date, end date, user, and action are only considered in the first row for each. The subsequent rows to include cross-location departments should only include those locations and department attribute values (and the name used to know which category to be linked to).
- When using the keyword **ANY**, the keyword must be upper case and include the asterisks.
- To create a tracking category with no budget, leave columns E-J blank.
If Users other than those with Approving Permissions should be able to view budget categories on the Dashboard, please reach out to a Procurify to have this enabled on your domain.
What is Source of Truth?
The sum of all Source of Truth Budgets should equal the total budget defined by your organization.
Ensure to not select the Source of Truth checkbox if the Budget Category is generated as an extra measure of tracking spend.
This functionality helps you identify which budgets are crucial for reporting at an organizational level.
- A Budget Category for tracking the spend of the Marketing department in 2023 is a Source of Truth.
- A Budget Category to track the spend for a Marketing outreach event in November 2023 is not a Source of Truth, as it is already accounted for within the Budget Category created above.
For more clarification on the columns, please see how Budget Categories are created in app
- How to manage Budgets
- The importer does not support the ALL keyword for the user column. Individual user emails must be listed in this column.
- The total period of a budget (Column E to Column F) must not exceed 18 months.