The following article outlines how to create an Approval Routing for Bills. Approval Routing for Bills is an integral component of the Accounts Payable module. The Bill Approval process is optional and is enabled by default in Procurify. Contact your Customer Success Manager if you would like this feature disabled.
- Click on the Settings tab on the left-hand navigation bar
- Click on Manage Approval Routing below Set up & Manage
- Click on the Bills tab at the top left
- Click on +Create New Group
- Input a Group Name and click Add
- Next, click on Add Users to Group
- Select the appropriate Level, Approver, and enter the Bill Amount Limit and Item Variance Percentage or Item Variance Amount. Choose either $ or % variance; it's not required to set up both.
- Click Add
Congratulations! You’ve set up your approval routing for Bills.
- There is no current way to import Approval Routing for Bills. They must be added directly to the domain itself.
- Approval delegation is not available for Bill Approvals.
- Only users with Manage Approval Routing permission can perform the steps listed.
- The Bill Amount Limit assigns an Approver an Approval threshold within their Approval Group. For example, if a Bill amount is $700 and the Bill Approver Amy has a Bill Amount Limit of $1000, it will be fully approved by Amy once she's Approved the Bill. No other Approver will need to review the Bill.
- Why are there both % and $ variance limits for Bill Approvers?
- To apply an unlimited Approval Threshold, enter 0.00 in the Approver Bill Amount Limit