The Bill Approval process is optional and is enabled by default in Procurify. Contact your Customer Success Manager if you would like this feature disabled.
You must be a Superuser or have custom permissions to access Manage Approval Routing.
- Click on the Settings tab on the left-hand navigation bar
- Click on Manage Approval Routing below Set up & Manage
- Click on the Bills tab at the top left
- Click on +Create New Group
- Input a Group Name and click Add
- Next, click on Add Users to Group
- Select the appropriate Level, Approver, and enter the Bill Amount Limit and Item Variance Percentage or Item Variance Amount. Choose either $ or % variance; it's not required to set up both.
- Click Add
Congratulations! You’ve set up your approval routing for Bills.
Bill Amount Limit
Bill Amount Limit functions similarly to thresholds in Approval Routing for order requests. If the total cost of the bill exceeds the approver's Bill Amount Limit, it will still require further review if there are higher levels of approvers within the approval group. Here's an example:
- Amy has a Bill Amount Limit of $1000. A bill amounting to $700 approved by Amy will be fully approved as it is within her Bill Amount Limit. No other Approver will need to review the Bill.
Enter a Bill Amount Limit of 0 if you do not wish to utilize Bill Amounts Limits.
- Jordan has a Bill Amount Limit is $0. Any Bill approved by Jordan will require the approval of higher-level approvers if they exist.
Item Variance Limits
You can set:
- item variance percentage limit (from 0-100%)
- an item variance limit ($ amount),
- or both.
If both are set, and either variance is triggered, the bill will require the approval of a higher-level approver if they exist. Here's an example:
- Amy has Variance limits of both 10% and $50. She adjusts a bill of $100 to $140. While it is within her Bill Amount Limit, it surpasses the variance percentage limit. This bill will require the approval of a higher-level approver if they exist.
- Approval Routings for bills must be added in-app. There is no import function available.