The following article outlines how to create an Approval Routing for Bills. Approval Routing for Bills is an integral component of the Accounts Payable module.
- Click on the SETTINGS tab on the left-hand navigation bar
- Click on Manage Approval Routing below Set up & Manage
- Click on the Bills tab at the top left
- Click on +CREATE NEW GROUP
- Input a GROUP NAME and click ADD
- Next, click on ADD USER TO GROUP
- Select the appropriate Level, Approver, and enter the BILL AMOUNT LIMIT, ITEM VARIANCE PERCENTAGE and ITEM VARIANCE AMOUNT
- Click ADD
Congratulations! You’ve set up your approval routing for Bills.
- Only users with Manage Approval Routing permission can perform the steps listed.
- The Bill Amount Limit assigns an Approver an Approval threshold within their Approval Group. For example, if a Bill amount is $700 and the Bill Approver Amy has a Bill Amount Limit of $1000, it will be fully approved by Amy once she's Approved the Bill. No other Approver will need to review the Bill.
- Why are there both % and $ variance limits for Bill Approvers?
- To apply an unlimited Approval Threshold, enter 0.00 in the Approver Bill Amount Limit