The Chart of Accounts is a list of accounts used to characterize each item for which money is being spent or received. It's a way to organize finances into expenses, assets, and liabilities to have an understanding of your organization's financial health. Due to customization, your interface text may differ. In this article, we are using the default labels Location and Department. Learn more here.
- Select Settings
- Click Manage Chart of Accounts
- Click Create Account Code
- In the pop-up, enter all of the required information
- Click on the Apply Departments dropdown
- Select the appropriate Departments. It is recommended to select Any Departments to ensure that all Departments have access to the Department.
- Click Apply
- Once everything is set up, click on Save Account Code