- How to import data into Procurify
- What are the steps for importing data?
- How do I import data
Setting up your Procurify account for the first time?
When importing data into Procurify for the first time, the data must be imported in a particular order. Please see the sequence listed below, and ensure you follow the import file flow when importing data. If you're a returning user and your Procurify account has existing data, please review the list below for dependent groupings of data. If you are unsure, contact your Customer Success Manager before importing any data.
Import File Flow
Using CSV files or import templates, the following data can be imported to Procurify:
Branch Locations and Departments
1. Locations - Locations keep track of and organize all Locations for your company. Locations must be imported first. This will help you organize the rest of your Procurify data. Read full details here.
2. Shipping Addresses - If any of your locations have multiple shipping addresses, you can import them next. If the Location only has one address, disregard this step. Ensure Locations are imported before importing this template. Read full details here.
3. Departments - After you’ve imported the Locations above, add Departments under each Location. You can add custom Departments and give access to the appropriate users, ensuring every employee only sees what they need to see. Ensure Locations are imported before importing this template. Read full details here.
5. Roles - Now that you've added users to the account, each user must have a role enabled based on their organizational duties. Choose from a set of predefined roles, or create custom ones to fit your needs. Ensure users are imported before importing this template. Read full details here.
6. User Permissions - In order to provide access and restrictions to each user, permissions will need to be assigned as a final step to setting up users within Procurify. Ensure users are imported before importing this template. Read full details here.
Chart of Accounts and Budgets
8. Budgets Categories - Budgets Categories keep your organization's financial health in order.
9. Planned or Scheduled Budgets - The terms Planned and Scheduled Budgets are used interchangeably. A Scheduled Budget is set to start at a specified future date. Ensure Chart of Accounts (Account Codes) are imported before importing this template. Read full details here.
11. Approvers - Once you’ve imported the Approval Groups, it’s time to import users into those groups. Ensure Approval Routing Groups are imported before importing this template. Read full details here.
Vendors and Product Catalogs
12. Vendors - Add your Vendor's information into Procurify once, and it's there for good. Procurify will auto-populate their information, making it quick and easy to create and send Purchase Orders. Read full details here.
13. Product Catalog - The Product Catalog holds frequently requested items, simplifying the Order process. Create your order with just a few clicks. Add a couple of catalog items manually to get the ball rolling, or import your entire product catalog in one go. Read full details here.
14. Catalog Permissions - Will specific items only be available for requests by members of certain departments? Use this template to set up Catalog Permissions. Ensure Product Catalogs are imported before importing this template. Read full details here