- What is two-way matching?
- What is 2-way matching?
- Can I bill an item that hasn't been received?
Create bills and make pre-payments or partial payments for items, regardless of whether the item has been received. This workflow is currently in early access and allows your team to make deposit/partial payments or prepare bills for items that need to be paid first and received later. Once an item has been fully approved and a Purchase Order is created, a bill can automatically be created.
How does it work?
AP teams can use the bill unreceived items workflow in the following ways:
- Bill by quantity: bill by a quantity of items (instead of dollar amount.) When creating a bill, the default setting is Bill by Quantity.
- Bill by cost: bill by a dollar value rather than the quantity of items.
How to bill unreceived items
1. During the bill creation stage, add the Purchase Order to the bill.
2. Select the menu button to the right of the line item and select Edit item.
2. The Edit item pop-up window will appear. Locate the Billing For field. The default setting is billing by quantity (QTY). You can change this to Cost if applicable. To bill by a partial quantity or partial dollar amount, update the Quantity field or Cost field. Once a bill has been created, the Billing For field will become locked. This means that going forward, the item can only be billed by the same method (quantity or cost) selected during bill creation.
After the bill has been created, the line items will display data showing how much was previously been billed. For example:
What's new with the unbilled items section?
- Procurify no longer creates duplicates on the unbilled items page of the same PO item every time it is received. There will be one line item on the unbilled items page. When new quantities are received at the PO level, the line item will be updated to include the latest receiving action.
- The unbilled Item page no longer has edit and credit card reconciliation options for each line item. We recommended editing bills during the bill creation and that organizations refrain from using the credit card reconciliation feature when this workflow is enabled.
How can I enable billing for unreceived items?
During Early Access, this workflow is enabled by Procurify representatives. Please contact your Procurify representative if you would like this workflow enabled in your account.
- Once the bill unreceived items workflow is enabled, Procurify will automatically allow all unreceived items to be billed.
- Once the bill by cost or bill by quantity workflow has been enabled, the billing type for that line item becomes locked and cannot be changed.