- Creating an Approval Routing for Spending Card
The steps for creating an Approval Routing for Spending card are the same steps as creating an Approval Routing for a Request for Order, Request for Expense or Travel Request.
- If you wish to create an Approval Routing strictly for spending card requests, select SETTINGS on the left-hand navigation bar.
- Select Manage Approval Routing
- Select + CREATE A NEW GROUP within Manage Approval Routing.
- Type in a Group name for this Routing and select NEXT.
- Under the Request type field select Request for Fund (see image below).
- Select Department, type in the location/department & add. Avoid setting Department to Any, please read the warning below.
- Click the CREATE GROUP Blue Button
- Select +ADD APPROVER and input an Approver, threshold and the level (thresholds optional)
- Input the Approvers details and select ADD to save the Approver.
Viola! You've created an Approval Group for Spending card requests.
- Learn more about Spending card
- In order to create an Approval Routing, the user must have access to Settings → Manage Approval Routing
- If the Request type is set to Any, the Approval Routing will also include Spending card request or Request for Funds.
- For detailed instructions on how to set up an Approval Routing, click here.
- WARNING! When a department (condition) in an approval routing is set to ANY, it means that any orders made regardless of the Department selected on the order matches the Approval Routing conditions and will loop/trigger in that routing. Having to approve the same orders twice or more.