- The following article outlines how to use import flexible spend categories into Procurify.
The following article provides step-by-step instructions on how to import spend categories. Click here to learn more about flexible spend tracking. Due to customization, Location and Department may have unique labeling. In this article, we are using the default labels Location and Department. Learn more here.
1. Download the template, available at the bottom of the following article, titled Spend Category Import.csv
2. Review the table below for a definition of each column and an example. Fill out the required columns and save the file to your computer.
- When adding multiple Locations, the rows must be after one another, and on the following rows, any additional values other than the location + department are ignored. For example, values such as account code, budget, start date, end date, user, and action are only considered in that first row. The subsequent rows to include cross-location departments should only include those locations and department attribute values (and the name used to know which category to be linked to).
- When using the keyword **ANY**, the keyword must include asterisks and all caps.
- To create a tracking category with no budget, the Budget, Start date, and End date CSV columns should all be blank.
3. Select Settings
4. Select Import Data
5. Select Import CSV next to Spend Categories
6. Upload the file from your computer and Import
If there were any errors, make the required changes before re-uploading the CSV. You have successfully finished the import!
- What is flexible spend tracking?
- How to manually create flexible spend categories?
- The importer will return an error notifying the user “Category with the same name exists in Procurify.” if a spend category already exists.
- The importer does not support the ALL keyword for the user column. You would need to list all the users’ emails.