- The following article outlines how to use the import flexible spend categories into Procurify.
The following article provides step-by-step instructions on how to import spend categories. Click here to learn more about flexible spend tracking. Due to customization, Location and Department may have unique labelling. In this article, we are using the default labels Location and Department. Learn more here.
1. Download the template, available at the bottom of the following article, titled Spend Category Import.csv
2. Review the table below for a definition of each column and an example. Fill out the required columns and save the file to your computer.
- When adding multiple Locations, the rows must be subsequent to one another, and on the following rows, any additional values other than the location + department are ignored. For example, values such as account code, budget, start date, end date, user, and action are only considered in that first row. The subsequent rows to include cross location departments should only include those locations and department attribute values (as well as the name used to know which category to be linked to).
- When using the keyword **ANY**, keyword must include asterisks and all caps.
3. Select Settings
4. Select Import Data
5. Select Import CSV next to Spend Categories
6. Upload the file from your computer and Import
If there were any errors, make the required changes before re-uploading the CSV. You have successfully finished the import!