- How do I create a spend category in Procurify?
The following article provides step-by-step instructions on how to set up flexible spend tracking by creating spend categories. Click here to learn more about Flexible Spend Tracking.
- Before creating spend categories, decide on the best method for organizing your budgets in Procurify. Learn more here.
- Once you've decided how to organize budgets, on the left-hand navigation bar, select Settings → and click Manage Spend Categories under Finance.
- Select + Spend Categories.
- Type in the category name in the Name field at the top of the pop-up window.
- Select from the Departments and Account Codes dropdown. It is possible to select multiple Departments and Account Codes from each dropdown. It is not necessary to select from both dropdown lists.
- Select the Set a Budget checkbox, type in a Budget Amount and select an Effective Date Range. It is not necessary to select a Budget.
- Select the Give Viewing Access To field and select a name from the dropdown.
- Once all the appropriate fields have been filled in, select Submit. View the image below of an example of a spend category being created.
Congrats! You've created a spend category.
- To enable Flexible Spend Tracking, reach out to a Procurify representative.
- Users must be assigned permission to view budgets.