- How do I create a spend category in Procurify?
The following article provides step-by-step instructions on how to set up flexible spend tracking by creating spend categories. Click here to learn more about flexible spend tracking.
- Before creating spend categories, decide on the best method for organizing your budgets in Procurify. Learn more here.
- Once you've decided how to organize budgets, on the left-hand navigation bar, select SETTINGS → and click Manage Spend Categories under Finance.
- Select +SPEND CATEGORIES.
- Type in the category name in the Name field at the top of the pop-up window.
- Select from the Departments and Account Codes dropdown. It is possible to select multiple Departments and Account Codes from each dropdown. It is not necessary to select from both dropdowns.
- Select the Set a Budget checkbox, type in a Budget Amount and select an Effective Date Range. It is not necessary to select a Budget.
- Select the Give Viewing Access To field and select a name from the dropdown.
- Once all the appropriate fields have been filled in, select SUBMIT. View the image below of an example of a spend category being created.
Congrats! You've created a spend category.
- This feature is currently in beta.
- To begin using Flexible Spend Tracking, fill out the following contact form, and a member of our team will contact you to enable this feature and assist you with any questions you may have.
- Users must be assigned permission to view budgets.