- The following article explains in detail the OCR feature.
The OCR data extraction feature saves time and improves accuracy for data entry by automatically scanning uploaded invoices, extracting key information and automatically drafting and pre-filling a Bill.
The OCR data extraction feature is enabled when an invoice attachment is sent to the invoice Inbox. When the OCR extracts the data, a Draft Bill will populate under the Manage Bills page with “Created By” marked as “Procurify Inbox” to indicate it has been recently added and is ready for review. If the OCR errors out or returns partial data, Procurify will create the Bill with as much OCR data as possible, and the AP Clerk will need to fill in the rest manually. Any received attachment will be extracted by the OCR as long as the PO matches.
OCR extracts the following information from each invoice:
● Invoice Number
● PO Number
● Vendor Name
● Due Date
● Invoice Date
The OCR will extract the Vendor name, match it with the Procurify Vendor record, and add the Vendor name to the draft Bill. If there is no exact match, the field is left empty for manual entry.
The OCR will extract the PO number and match the data against the default PO number or the Custom PO ID. If there is no exact match, the field is left empty for manual entry.
- Only PDF, JP(E)G, PNG files
- Limit of 25MB per file
- Limit of 10 attachments per email
- Only email attachments will be accepted, not in-line images
- The following feature is in beta
- What is the inbox feature?
- Every attachment in an email sent to the OCR will create one bill
- OCR only supports English at the current time