- The following article explains the new Procurify invoice inbox feature.
The invoice Inbox is a unique email address that receives invoice emails into Procurify. The attached invoices are automatically converted into Bills which the Accounts Payable (AP) team can later review and pay. Contact your Procurify representative if you would like this feature enabled in your account.
How does it work?
Any user with access to the Manage Bills page can easily copy a system-generated email address to receive invoice emails. This email is unique to their domain, non-guessable, and is read-only. The Inbox email address can be copied from the existing Manage Bills page (See the image below). Access the Manage Bills page by completing the following steps:
- On the left-hand navigation bar, select the ACCOUNTS PAYABLE tab.
- Select MANAGE BILLS
- Click on the icon beside the Inbox email.
AP teams can use the Inbox feature in one of such ways:
- Vendors can send invoice emails to a shared AP team email address, and the AP team forwards each email to the Inbox email address.
- AP team instructs each vendor to send invoice emails directly to the Inbox email address.
Option #1 is the best option because it reduces changes to existing processes and makes it easy to communicate with vendors. Once an email is in the invoice Inbox, any email attachments will also populate in Procurify. For each file, Procurify will run OCR against it and create a Draft Bill with the file attached, with the “Created By” specified as “Procurify Inbox.”
Accepted File Types:
- Only PDF, JP(E)G, PNG files
- Limit of 25MB per file
- Limit of 10 attachments per email
- Only email attachments will be accepted, not in-line images
- What is OCR?
- What happens if an email bounces back from the invoice Inbox?
- The following feature is in beta.
- Contact your Procurify representative if you would like this feature enabled in your account.
- It is not possible for a customer to customize their invoice inbox email address.