What are the Benefits?
How to set up Staples PunchOut with Procurify
- Contact your Staples Advantage (USA) account manager, set up a client account with Staples and create a Staples catalog. Please expect up to 30 days for setting up the online catalog with Staples.
- Once you've set up your Staples Advantage (USA) account, contact your Staples account manager and request these details:
- PunchOut Purchase Order Request URL
- From Identity
- Shared Secret
- With those credentials, in Procurify go to the Settings module from the left side menu. Click Integrations, then PunchOut.
- Click Add New PunchOut Group and select Staples from the dropdown menu
- Fill in the fields, adding in the credentials received from Staples.
- Selecting a credit card will process order items through Procurify’s Credit Card Reconciliation tool.
- Selecting other payment method will process order items through Procurify’s Accounts Payable Bill Creation module.
- Choose which requesters will have access to the PunchOut using the ‘Group access’ option
- Choose a payment method.
- *Note that by using the PunchOut connection, you will no longer have access to direct payment options through the Staples Advantage platform. Please consult with your Staples Advantage representative on payment options.
Using Staples PunchOut: Requesting items
Note - only one PunchOut Vendor can be added to a Request For Order at a time.
- Using the Request for Order form, a requester will select the Supplier Portal button.
- With the Staples PunchOut set up, and appropriate access is given to the requester, the Staples PunchOut option will appear under the PunchOut Suppliers table.
- Select a shipping address.
- Click the Proceed button in the Staples row.
- Add items to the Staples online cart as normal. When finished, navigate to the cart and click the Submit for approval button.
- Order item details will be automatically brought back to Procurify.
- Choose an account code for each order item, or apply in bulk.
- Submit the request for approval.
PunchOut quantity lock
Once a user orders an item through Staples PunchOut, the quantity field will be locked if they try and edit the item details. This is to prevent the value in Procurify from misaligning to the quantity/purchase amount through the PunchOut. Users can make changes to their order by returning to the PunchOut vendor before submitting the request for approval.