The Staples PunchOut accelerates requesting and purchasing from Staples while improving your spend tracking accuracy. Staples PunchOut is only available to US and Canadian clients.
What are the Benefits?
Browse items in your Staples catalog
The Staples Advantage and Staples Professional PunchOut allows you to access your organization's Staples catalog and sync items directly from your cart into Procurify. No more copying and pasting links or item details into your requests.
Instant purchase after approval
Once the request is approved, items are purchased straight away through Staples. Requesters no longer need to wait for the Purchasers to place the order.
Automatic P.O. creation
With instant purchasing, automatic Purchase Order creation occurs once the Purchase Order is approved. Purchasers can feel confident knowing that orders are submitted instantly and accurately.
How to set up Staples PunchOut with Procurify
- Contact your account manager at Staples Advantage (USA)/Staples Professional (Canada) to set up a client account and curate a catalog. Please expect up to 30 days to set up the online catalog with Staples.
- Once you've set up your Staples account, contact your Staples account manager and request these details:
- Purchase Order Request URL
- From Identity
- Shared Secret
- Important: Do not use the cXML PunchOut URL.
- With those credentials, in Procurify, go to the Settings module from the left side menu. Click PunchOut Suppliers.
- Click Set Up under Staples.
- Fill in the fields, adding in the credentials received from Staples.
Important: Do not use the cXML PunchOut URL in the Purchase Order Request URL field.
- Selecting a credit card will process order items through Procurify’s Credit Card Reconciliation tool.
- Selecting other payment method will process order items through Procurify’s Accounts Payable Bill Creation module.
- Choose which requesters will have access to the PunchOut using the ‘Group access’ option.
- Choose a payment method.
- Note: by using the PunchOut connection, you will no longer have access to direct payment options through the Staples Advantage/Professional platform. Please consult with your Staples representative on payment options.
Using Staples PunchOut: Requesting items
Note - only one PunchOut Supplier can be added to a Request For Order at a time.
- Using the Request for Order form, a requester will select the Supplier Portal button.
- With the Staples PunchOut set up, and appropriate access given to the requester, the Staples PunchOut option will appear under the PunchOut Suppliers table.
- Select a shipping address.
- Click the Proceed button in the Staples row.
- Add items to the Staples online cart as normal. When finished, navigate to the cart and click the Submit for approval button.
- Order item details will be automatically brought back to Procurify.
- Choose an account code for each order item, or apply in bulk.
- Submit the request for approval.
PunchOut quantity lock
Once a user orders an item through Staples PunchOut, the quantity field will be locked if they try and edit the item details. This is to prevent the value in Procurify from misaligning with the quantity/purchase amount through PunchOut. Users can make changes to their order by returning to the PunchOut Supplier before submitting the request for approval.
When the final approver approves an order containing PunchOut items, a purchase order will be automatically generated in Procurify and sent to Staples. The status of the order can be viewed in the request or the PO under the ‘Status’ column for the item.
- Staples Advantage refers to the PunchOut available in the U.S. and Staples Professional refers to the PunchOut available in Canada.
- To enable the Staples domain, please contact your Procurify representative
- Only Superusers or a user who has access to Settings→ Tools can setup the Staples PunchOut feature