If you are a Canadian customer using QuickBooks Online (QBO) and would like to have the taxes flow into QBO, then using SaasAnt is one of the ways this can be done. For convenience, the video below will walk you through the entire process.
The following article outlines how to exporting Bills and importing them in QBO via SaasAnt. It is worth noting that taxes should be set to match those in QBO.
1. Procurify taxes are set up under the settings page: SETTINGS → Manage Tax Types.
2. Here are the tax names in Procurify. Click the pencil icon beside the name to update the name if necessary.
3. In QBO taxes are under the taxes menu on the navigation bar on the left-hand side. Please ensure taxes in Procurify and QBO match before beginning this setup process. When the tax names match, you avoid errors in later imports.
4. Here are the tax names in QBO.
5. The next step is to export from the settings page the bills and upload this CSV file to SaasAnt. Let's take a closer look. Here is the export page in Procurify, found under Settings. SETTINGS → Export Data
6. Locate the Bills section on the exports page. Note that the link beside it views previous export stores what you previously exported for easy and fast access. Click the PREPARE CSV button, next to Bills.
7. The following popup will appear. We recommend you create a custom export format type for your convenience, using the option highlighted in the image below.
8. Once exported, the data can be, if required, massage in Excel to tailor it for your upload to SaasAnt. The next step is to have SaasAnt connect to your QBO account. We recommend you have QBO in one browser tab opened and logged in, and in another tab of the same browser window you have SaasAnt. As you set up SaasAnt, you will want to click on the Connect to Quickbooks button shown below.
9. Importing the CSV file you exported from Procurify is done by clicking on the Browse File button.
10. Once uploaded proceed to submitting the file by selecting Submit.
11. Select Bills from the entity dropdown.
12. The next page will reveal the Map Fields section. Please locate the necessary fields, and ensure they match and are correct. This would be unique to the fields you have in your account. The following page is just a sample.
13. Following this we proceed to review and then select the Upload button at the bottom right of the screen to upload to QBO.
In QBO you will see your taxes defined on your bill.
If you are having issues with SaasAnt, please contact SaasAnt Support first.