- It is imperative to have a solution provider or consultant that’s dedicated to working on setting up your Dynamics system and has experience importing CSV files into Dynamics.
- Alternatively, retain an Integration Manager, familiar with similar systems that will facilitate the import into Dynamics from Procurify.
- Every Procurify to Dynamics sync/data export WILL require configuration from Dynamics consultants to ensure that the data pushes over. There’s a fair bit of custom work required, and potential writing of scripts and macros in Excel to ensure that the data matches Dynamics requirements.
Important to note that Procurify will NOT be able to export out every single field that Dynamics will require for importing a batch of bills. The process will have to be:
- Create Bills in Procurify
- Export bills as CSV out of Procurify with as many fields as possible that match with their GP/SL/AX/365 instance
- Manipulate that CSV data and copy-paste it over into the GP import template
- Manipulation includes things like combining Location ID, department ID, Account Code, and other fields.
- In some cases, they’ll need to create an additional column to add that 4th or 5th category of spend tracking. (or track it via a custom field in Procurify and export that out)
- E.g. “20-72110-48000”
Feel free to review and test the following flat-file Bill export from a Procurify demo account. Export files are customizable. It is possible to remove fields that are not relevant to the export and update column names.
Note: An API connection to these applications may also be available, contact us to learn more