The following article outlines how to set up a Spending Card account. This feature is currently in beta and is only available to customers that have a US bank account.
Setting up Spending Cards requires access to your bank account, as well as business information required by the US regulations.
- Business Legal Name
- Tax ID/EIN (Employer Identification Number)
- Business Phone Number
Account Opener Information (Yourself and/or Company Owner)
- Legal Name
- Job Title
- Personal Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Last 4 Digits of SSN
- Business Address
- Image of ID Document (Passport/Driver Licence/ ID Card)
- Account Holder Name
- Account Number
- Routing Number
- Billing Address
Set up steps
- Select the SPENDING CARD tab on the left-hand navigation bar
- Select CARD MANAGEMENT
- Begin the set up and agree to Stripe's Service Agreement and Connected Account Agreement
- You can link the bank account that will be used for funding Spending Cards by:
- Logging in to your bank account (instant verification); or
- Manually entering the account information (takes 1-2 business days to verify)
- Select VERIFY IDENTITY
- Enter the business information that Stripe asks for
- Verification time depends on each application. While some are instantly verified, in some cases it may take a few business days to complete this step. You will receive an email in case more information is required, but you can always return to the setup and check the status.
- If you chose manual bank verification in step #4, check your banking account statement in the next 1-2 business days, and look for two deposits from Procurify. Once you locate them, return to the setup process, select ENTER MICRO-DEPOSITS, enter the dollar amounts from your statement and select VERIFY.
- Your are now ready to begin issuing Spending Cards
Once you've connected your bank account to your Procurify account, you can begin adding funds to the account.