- A Budget has been Approved but the Budget amount is exceeded
Due to customization, your interface text may differ. In this article, we are using the default labels Location and Department. Learn more here.
If there is an active Budget, insufficient funds and the Allow Budget Overage is OFF, the user will be unable to Approve the request (even if the Budget date has passed). If, however, the Budget was closed, there are insufficient funds and the overage is set to OFF, the Approver will be able to Approve the Request. You can confirm the Budget history, and when it was closed by completing the following steps:
- Select SETTINGS
- Select Manage Budgets
- Select the applicable Location/Department.
- Locate the Account Code, and select the [...] button
- Select View Budget History
- You can confirm that the Budget Overage is turned OFF, by selecting SETTINGS → Manage Budgets