- Import user permission data into Procurify via a CSV file
The following article outlines how to Import User Permissions.
- The following import for the User Permission feature (Granular Permissions) is an advanced feature. If you would like to add this feature to your account, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
- When a User is Inactive the Roles & Permissions tab disappears. Due to this, you cannot use the Import User Role/Permission/Edit until the User is made Active again.
- Due to customization, Location and Department may have unique labelling. In this article, we are using the default labels Location and Department. Learn more here.
Download the template, available at the bottom of the following article, titled Permissions_Import.csv
- Within the excel template, there are four columns: Email, Permission, Location, and Action on Duplicate. An explanation of each column is available below.
- Email: The email must match a User that already exists in the system, otherwise it will not work
- Permission: Name the permission you want to assign. Click here for a list of permission names.
- Location: Name of the Location you want to apply the permission to. All permissions will apply to the location you enter here. Type **ALL** (including asterisks) in the Location field if you want to assign this role to All Locations in the domain.
- Action on Duplicate:
- Option 1: Leave this field blank if permissions have never been assigned to this user
- Option 2: Type Keyword REMOVE LOCATION if you want to remove the Location
- Option 3: Type Keyword REMOVE PERMISSION if you want to remove the Permission
- Fill out the required columns and save the file to your computer.
- When complete, return to Settings → Import Data and select Import CSV File next to Permissions.
- Select Browse & Upload CSV. If completed properly, you will see a success screen.
- List of User Permission Names used for importing?
- It is not possible to update Department permission settings for users via the import.
- Why isn't my CSV formatting saving?