Connect to your QuickBooks Online account and instantly push bills from Procurify to save time and reduce data entry. You will need an active QuickBooks Online subscription and access to the Settings page in Procurify.
Steps to connect:
- Click on the Settings gear at the bottom of the left navigation menu.
- In the Tools section, click Integrations.
- On the line that shows QuickBooks Online, click the Set up button.
- A new page will open, click on the button Connect to QuickBooks.
- Continue to QuickBooks Online and enter your account credentials. Authorize the connection by clicking the Connect button.
Preparing bills for QuickBooks Online
Make sure that the vendors and account codes in both Procurify and QuickBooks Online are exactly the same to ensure a successful sync.
Pushing bills to QuickBooks Online
- Navigate to the Bills page from the Accounts Payable module in the left navigation bar.
- Click the Approved tab to see approved bills.
- Select the bills to be synced to QuickBooks Online by clicking the checkbox next to them, or select all bills on the page by clicking the topmost checkbox.
- Click the Sync to QuickBooks Online button in the upper right of the screen.
*Note: Credit Card, Expense, and previously synced bills cannot be synced to Quickbooks Online. These bills will be skipped during sync.
Procurify to QuickBooks Online Bill Field Mapping
After a bill has been synced to QuickBooks Online, Procurify’s bill fields are mapped to the QuickBooks Online bills as below:
Frequently Asked Questions
How many company files can I connect a Procurify domain to?
Only one company file at a time. However, you can disconnect from an existing company file and connect to another company file. Warning: if there is previously synced data, connecting to another company file and syncing new data may cause issues.
Will edits on bills be exported?
No. In the current version, updates will be left out of the initial integration to allow users to treat edits in a case-by-case scenario (eg. make adjustment GLs, re-open months, delete/void payments, etc).
Can we change the field mapping?
No, this version does not allow field mappings to be modified.
Do split cost allocations on Procurify bills sync over?
Yes, each cost allocation syncs over as a line in the bill, so if there are 3 split allocations, they will be pushed over as 3 lines in the bill in QuickBooks Online.
Why are bill lines in Procurify pushed over as Items or Category (Expense) lines?
They are pushed over as Category lines due to Items in QuickBooks Online requiring an entry in their Items list, which we do not manage in this integration. The expense line amount should be sufficient to process and pay the bill.
What about taxes?
Taxes calculated on the bill lines in Procurify are included in the cost allocation amount synced to QuickBooks Online for payment. Tax selected in Procurify is not synced in this version.
Are credit cards or expenses synced?
No, only invoice related bills are synced, so credit card and expense bills are excluded from syncing.
Will vendors be automatically created in QuickBooks Online?
No, new vendors from Procurify must be created manually.
Is this an automatic sync?
No, the bill sync is user-controlled and selected as real-time batch sync. The success/error messages will be reported back as soon as Procurify receives it.