- Make an Approval Group for the new Department
- Unable to select Department in Request
The following article outlines how to create an Approval Routing Group.
- Select Settings from the left-hand navigation bar
- Select Manage Approval Routing under Set up & Manage
- Select the +Create New Group at the top right-hand side of the screen
- Type in a Group name for this Routing and select Next
- Select Request type (Default is Any)
- Select Department, use the drop-down menu, or type in the location/department and select it. If you don't see Department in your account, your organization may have different labeling for customized categories. To add another Department click the +Add Condition and repeat as needed.
- Click the Create Group button.
- Select +Add Approver and input an Approver, threshold, and the level (thresholds optional)
- Input the Approvers details and select Add to save the Approver.
- Understanding and Setting Up Approval Routing Groups
- WARNING! When the Department condition in an Approval Group is set to ANY, all orders (regardless of the department selected) matching the other conditions will trigger the Approval Group. This may create an endless approval loop, particularly if your organization has approvers that appear in multiple Approval Groups. We recommend setting the Department condition to a specific department(s) rather than use the ANY option. For more information on this, please refer to the following article: Having to approve the same orders twice or more.
- Approval Routing Overview