- Make an Approval Group for new Department
- Unable to select Department in Request
- Select SETTINGS from the left-hand navigation black bar
- Select Manage Approval Routing under Set up & Manage
- Select the +CREATE NEW GROUP at the top right-hand side of the screen
- Type in a Group name for this Routing and select NEXT
- Select Request type (Default is Any)
- Select Department, type in the location/department & add. Avoid setting Department to Any, please read the warning below.
- Click the CREATE GROUP Blue Button
- Select +ADD APPROVER and input an Approver, threshold and the level (thresholds optional)
- Input the Approvers details and select ADD to save the Approver
- Understanding and Setting Up Approval Routing Groups
- WARNING! When a department (condition) in an approval routing is set to ANY, it means that any orders made regardless of the department selected on the order matches the approval routing conditions and will loop/trigger in that routing. Within organizations that have a single approver appear in more than one department, this can cause approval loops. The best practice is to refrain from setting ANY (departments) unless the organization maintains strictly segregated approval groups or only one department. For more information on this, please refer to the following article: Having to approve the same orders twice or more.
- Approval Routing Overview