- Create Approval Group
- New Department made needs Approval Routing
- Unable to select Department in Request
- Approval Routing Group
Head into Settings
- Select Manage Approval Routing
- Click the button
- Create a Group name for this Routing
- Select Request type (Default is Any)
- Select Department, type in the location/department intended & add. Avoid setting Department to Any, please read the warning available below.
- Select Add Approver to add Approver levels, users & thresholds( thresholds are optional)
- Select Add to save the Approver
- Understanding and Setting Up Approval Routing Groups
- WARNING! When a department (condition) in an approval routing is set to ANY, it means that any orders made regardless of the department selected on the order matches the approval routing conditions and will loop/trigger in that routing. Within organizations that have a single approver appear in more than one department, this can cause approval loops. The best practice is to refrain from setting ANY (departments) unless the organization maintains strictly segregated approval groups or only one department. For more information on this, please refer to the following article: Having to approve the same orders twice or more.
- Approval Routing Overview