- I noticed multiple Vendors with the same name. Can I delete the rest and just keep one?
- What will happen if I delete duplicate Vendors? Will that delete any orders?
- Is there a way to consolidate all orders from a Vendor that was added more than once to the list?
Yes, you can delete the duplicate Vendor. Please note the following:
- We strongly recommend exporting Orders, Expenses, POs, and Bills first before doing this so that you'll have a backup.
- Deleting a duplicate Vendor will remove results when viewed in the Reports module.
- If you're using the QuickBooks integration, the mapping will be deleted.
On the left-hand navigation bar, select Procure → Vendors
Select the Vendor you want to delete
Select on the right-hand side of the Vendor's address information and then select Delete Vendor
Confirm your action within the pop-up window that appears
- If you need everything to show up from the duplicate Vendor name, we suggest you just rename the duplicate Vendor to "Do Not Use" or "Decommissioned." That way, no users will mistakenly select the Vendor from the list in the future. Also, ensure they are not selected as a preferred Vendor or associated with any Catalog Items.