- procurement access
- SEO: Can I control and select which approved Order Items Purchasers are allowed to procure? Can a buyer only buy items for select locations/departments?
In this article, we refer to “Location” and “Department”. Your domain may have different labels due to custom organizational categories. Learn more here.
Yes! You can configure your Purchasers' permission to purchase items for orders submitted from specific Locations and/or Departments.
By default, you are able to configure Purchasers' permission to purchase items for orders submitted from specific Locations.
If you would like to configure Purchasers' permission to purchase items for orders submitted from specific departments, the Purchase by Department feature can be enabled on your domain. This feature will allow you to assign Purchasing access to orders submitted from selected Departments. Please reach out to a Procurify Representative if you would like this enabled on your domain.
With the enabled, you will see an additional Departments button when managing Purchasers' permissions.
Important: Once Purchase by Department is enabled on your domain, all purchasers' permissions will be reset to 0 departments, losing access to procurement items until permissions are re-configured. Ensure to follow the steps below to configure purchasing permissions for all purchasers. We suggest communicating this process with your Purchasers before making changes.
Updating User's Purchasing Access by Department
Navigate to Settings → Manage Users.
Select a User from within the list.
Click the Roles & Permissions tab.
Ensure the user has the Procure permission. If not, click on Edit Permissions at the top, and check the box to add the Procure permission. Once the permission is added, you should see the Locations and Departments button next to the Procure permission.
Click the Locations button next to the Procure permission to select the appropriate Locations. Then click Assign Selected Locations.
- Click the Departments button to assign departments for which the Purchaser should procure items. Then click the Assign Selected Departments button. At least 1 department must be applied
- if you do not see the Departments button for Procure, please reach out to a Procurify Representative to have Purchase by Department enabled on your domain.
- Can I limit a Purchaser's access to Purchase Orders for certain locations/departments?
- Can I limit a Receiver to only be able to receive orders for their location/department?