- There's a duplicate approved Expense Report, how can I delete it?
- There's a mistake with approving an Expense Request, where can I delete it?
- An Expense was accidentally approved
- Deleting an Approved Expense
If an Expense is approved in error or approved and not needed, you can follow the steps below to unlink it from the budget & archive it not to be used again. These steps will help you delete an approved expense request
- Create a new expense request; for the total cost, add a negative value & in the comments, add the original approved expense number (exp: if the approved was for $123.00, the new expense should be -123.00 in value)
- Submit your negative valued expense for approval
- Any user who has access to the Accounts Payable tab can now go into Unbilled Expenses
- Click the button beside the expense items for the original and the adjustment items
- Select Archive.
- Use the Comments to "link" the expenses, add the number of the original expense to the negative valued expense and vice versa
- Your budget should now be balanced and the original expense along with the negative valued expense should be archived.
- Remember to Archive BOTH expenses once the steps are completed
- If the expense request used a credit card, you can archive it by following the steps in How to Archive Credit Card Items in Reconciliation.
- Users must have Credit Card Reconciliation permission under "Accounts Payable" to archive items within Credit Card Reconciliation.