- How to edit and update Catalog Items
- Update already created Catalog Items
- Editing Catalog Items
- How to bulk update Catalog items
The following article outlines how to update catalog items using a CSV. import. Please note that the catalog items must have been imported first into the system before it can be updated using the following method.
- Export the catalog by navigating to Procure → Product Catalog
- In the upper right, Click Export CSV
- Download the import template from your account by selecting Procure → Product Catalog Data
- Click Import CSV and at the bottom of the pop-up, click Download Template
- Open the export CSV file and copy and paste all corresponding column data into the import template. Ensure all columns are in order.
- Update the data in the columns to which you would like to make changes.
- Copy and paste the ID column from the export CSV to the import CSV. Do not change the ID number in the ID column (this is the unique identifier for each catalog item).
- Save your changes into the import CSV file.
Once you've saved the CSV file, import the file to update the items.
- Navigate to Procure → Product Catalog
- Click Import Catalog
- Click Upload CSV file
- Click Import
If there were any errors, the system will generate a CSV that explains any errors in specific rows. Ensure to make the required changes before re-uploading the CSV.
You have successfully finished the import!
- For more details, please review the article How to Import Product Catalog Items
- The ID Number must be included on the import template, or it will create a duplicate item in the catalog.
- Upon completion the importer gives a success message which mentions that rows were updated successfully.