- How do I delegate Requests to another Approver?
- Can I have another Approver approve my Requests?
- Are bills and payments included in Approval delegation?
Approval Delegation provides Approvers with the ability to allow their pending and incoming approvals to be processed by another Approver - for a given period of time. This might be used if an Approver goes on vacation and needs their approvals managed while they are away. Approval delegation will work even if delegated to someone who has an approval threshold lower than the delegator.
- Please note, that approval delegation only works for Order/Expense/Travel.
- Only Superusers can manage Approval Delegation for other users. Any user can delegate their own approvals.
- Approval Delegation must be manually turned off. Delegation does not turn off automatically, even if a date range is set.
- There is no way to track or audit log that an approval was delegated. If you wish to audit delegated approvals, ask the delegatee to leave a comment. Comments cannot be exported and will always be displayed in the system. How to Leave a Comment
- See our guide on how to activate and deactivate approval delegation.